Time Left To Next Disney Races

get a badge now!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

May Challenge

OK guys that's right this is Mike Fess (AATM's other intro guy) here to tell you all what our May challenge will be. I have been laid up lately because of surgery, but I am ready and willing to smash these goals! Are you?

Mileage:
100 for experienced runners
70 for I have a few months under my belt
40 for I can just get through a mile

Push up's(I will except strength training at the gym for this):
1000 push ups for everyone. People this is easily attainable. But you have to dedicate yourself to this.

If you do the strength training you must do at least 20 days at the gym.

Sit ups:
1000 for the month. These should be done everyday because it is a muscle area that can be worked everyday.

And for our Tri athletes:
20 days of laps
20 days of biking

And for extra credit:
Try and find some core exercises that work for you. Google and Runners world are your friend. They really helped me with my training.

So that's it. Now get out there and get moving. I expect to see some results people!



11 comments:

  1. Dude wants to kill us I think..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Sounds reasonable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir, may I have another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Mike guy must be off his rocker. I will be shooting for 70, but if the knee is good to go I might just try 100. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-that's intense. I'll give it a go and we'll see how it goes :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 600 sit ups in already,its a huge part of my training. miles well.... only 1.85. Push ups not yet I think those are tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the challenges! I overtrained a bit in March, and April was dedicated to recovering and getting my workout plans tuned up by a personal trainer. I'll take a look at my training log and see if it might dovetail with the challenge.

    I do have a couple races for the calendar: I'll be participating in Women Running Wild 5K on June 20, and the Susan Komen run on September 26.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have in a little over 16 miles for the month so far. Up to 210 sit ups. I am running in a 5K tomorrow called the Run for the Young in Greece,NY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completed Run for the Young 24min.32sec.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got in over 1000 sit ups for the month and just over 65 miles in with only a few more days to go.

    ReplyDelete