Grilled Vegetable Antipasto
Makes 8 servings
PointsPlus™ values | 2 per serving
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 medium yellow crook-neck squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium eggplant, stemmed, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray for the grill grate
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Toss vegetables with remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Off heat, coat grill with cooking spray. Prepare gas grill for direct, high-heat grilling or build a high-heat charcoal bed in the center of the coal grate on a charcoal grill.
- Place the vegetables directly over the heat source on the prepared grate. Cover and grill until the vegetables begin to char in places and develop distinct grill lines, about 6 minutes.
- Turn the vegetables with tongs and continue grilling until they again have distinct grill lines over the fire and have begun to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer all the vegetables back to the bowl with any remaining marinade. Toss gently and serve.
- Serving size: 2 cups.